Saturday, September 20, 2014

Homemade Deodorant

I was getting really freaked out when I learned that people were saying that antiperspirants in our deodorants may be linked to breast cancer. Then I got even more freaked out once I started to pay attention to what I was putting in and on my body. I mean have you ever read the ingredients to some of your favorite lotions and skin care products?? Why the hell is Petroleum in almost everything?? I don't know about you but I'm tired of putting crap on my skin that can be absorbed into my body. Especially when it's a byproduct of gasoline!!

So needless to say I've come up with my own deodorant recipe. You will need:
  • 1/4 cup coconut oil
  • 1/8 cup bees wax
  • 1/4 cup baking soda
  • 2/3 cup arrow root (or corn starch works too)
  •  10-30 drops essential oils of your choosing (depending on how strong you want the scent)


melt 1/4 cup coconut oil on candle warmer.
Then melt 1/8 cup of beeswax
Then mix them together
add 2/3 cup arrow root and 1/4 cup baking soda
Then mix everything together until it is even. It will be like a very thick cream consistency.  Take off of the warmer and add essential oils at this time.I prefer lavender, serenity, or whisper.
Pour this mix into the container of your choosing. I like to save my empty deodorant containers to reuse them. Put it in the refrigerator to chill. Then you are done :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment