Wednesday, March 19, 2014

The good ole days..

I was talking with a friend today about how we used to eat. Like how we used to lie to ourselves about french fries counting as a veggie for the day. Bread and pasta was the most important food group because it was biggest on the food pyramid. Or how switching everything to wheat was supposed to make everything better; wheat bread, wheat pasta etc.
Ignorance is not bliss, it is killing us.
Not knowing that our bodies can't even process the wheat that is grown now. GMO's are everywhere. Don't even get me started on the antibiotics that are in the dairy products. So this is me trying to get educated on nutrition. I've started my journey by cutting out all processed foods. I only eat it if I make it. I don't have dairy milk anymore; however, I'll allow cheese a few times a month instead of every meal like I used to eat. I never had time to cook before, but I'm making time. It is absolutely vital to make your health a priority. I've made social sacrifices so that I can prep my meals, and that's ok. It's just how life is now.

No comments:

Post a Comment